When working as a trained security officer, you will be expected to contribute to professional, succinct communications with your company’s clients. A client may require changes in services to meet particular needs. In order to grasp the entirety of these requests, you may need to prompt the client for new information. They may not be as detailed in their request as you need them to be, so use the following approaches to communicate effectively with your client.
- Pay attention and maintain eye contact – This shows that you are alert and giving the client your utmost attention.
- Use positive body language – Try to avoid crossing your arms as this makes individuals appear to be on the offensive. Use gentle nods to show you understand and agree with the client as they talk to show that you are actively listening. Take notes if appropriate.
- Ask open questions – This will clarify any information you need and show that you are demonstrating concern and venturing to understand your client.
- Do not interrupt – Even if you think you know what is about to be said! It is unprofessional and very frustrating for the person you are talking to.
- Repeat and clarify at the end of the conversation – This will help to absorb the information you have just received and demonstrate your understanding to the client.
Depending on the company you are working for, it may be part of your best practice to use recordable communication modes to reaffirm what has been discussed after conversations have taken place.
Diamond Protection Pty Ltd (Diamond) is a leading provider of security, emergency and training services. Established in 1995, this Australian owned and operated company is committed to leading the way – to be the standard of excellence. Diamond operates an internationally certified Integrated Management System (IMS) incorporating ISO accreditation for Quality (ISO 9001:2008), Occupational Health & Safety (AS/NZS 4801 & OHSAS18001:2007) and Environmental Management (ISO 14001:2004) Systems. The company has placed significant importance in continual improvement and commitment to the community and environment.
Diamond works closely with clients throughout Australia and beyond to provide security audits, security guards / officers, patrols, risk management, emergency service officers, safety officers, life support and nationally recognised training courses in partnership with Australian government and private Registered Training Organisations.
Visit our website at www.diamondprotection.com, call our team on 1300 669 155 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org to outline your specific requirements.