1. Do the research – look the company up online (website, Facebook, LinkedIn) – know more about the company than the interviewer!
2. Get a good night’s sleep – don’t have a big one the night before
3. Overdress – dress to impress, suit it up, polished shoes, tie, the works
4. Turn up early – at least 15-20 minutes
5. Ask questions during the interview – say “if it’s OK with you could I ask a few questions?”
6. Offer a ‘free trial’ – the try before you buy concept. Offer your services for a day so they can see your abilities in action
7. Give more – make it obvious that you’re willing to put in those extra yards
8. Thank them
9. Send a thank you card after the interview (via mail NOT email)
10. Follow up – make contact to see how you went. This will not go unnoticed!
11. Don’t quit – it’s a long road to success and perseverance is key!
Diamond Protection Pty Ltd (Diamond) is a leading provider of security, emergency and training services. Established in 1995, this Australian owned and operated company is committed to leading the way – to be the standard of excellence. Diamond operates an internationally certified Integrated Management System (IMS) incorporating ISO accreditation for Quality (ISO 9001:2008), Occupational Health & Safety (AS/NZS 4801 & OHSAS18001:2007) and Environmental Management (ISO 14001:2004) Systems. The company has placed significant importance in continual improvement and commitment to the community and environment.
Diamond works closely with clients throughout Australia and beyond to provide security audits, security guards / officers, patrols, risk management, emergency service officers, safety officers, life support and nationally recognised training courses in partnership with Australian government and private Registered Training Organisations.
Visit our website at www.diamondprotection.com, call our team on 1300 669 155 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org to outline your specific requirements.